FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointing First
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:24 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
As OP says, a whole host of ‘tiny issues’, but which - when taken together, and on one flight - make for a very poor experience.

A good number of the failings would be most unwelcome in a respectable business class cabin ..... let alone in First.

One small potato” served as a side dish No offer of water throughout the service ??
I wonder will these sort of things feature in the catering section of the upcoming ‘Access All Areas’ documentary later this week. We’re promised a realistic, warts and all, no-holds barred look at the world of BA, so should be interesting.

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
I have only travelled in First once and that was very nice, but it does seem as though there are a very large number of reports about BA's mediocre F service. Is it time for BA to get rid of the cabin and focus on delivering a really good CW product? The OP's complaints seem quite legitimate to me.
Perhaps there is something in what you say - although personally I would prefer that both cabins be kept, albeit with fewer seats, overall, in F than at present. It should be perfectly possible to provide appropriately high standards in both J and F. Several airlines do, but it requires management focus, suitable training (perhaps the most important element), and of course implementation by a motivated crew who can pay attention to detail.

On your point re the ‘very large number of reports’ .... maybe time to combine into a sticky ... ? (BA inconsistency or such title).