FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advise please - my DL e-gift cards are drained ...
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:27 am
knicknut

Sorry to bump an old thread, but a very similar experience recently happened to me.

An e-Gift Card code I tried to use was "invalid." I called on 8/9 and the CSR was able to see that a person I never heard of used the gift card to fly between MIA and ATL last September. Her manager submitted a fraud claim for me, and the manager indicated that it shouldn't be an issue to get it resolved.

I never heard anything back after 3 weeks, so I just called in again. I was told that "Corporate Security" deemed the matter closed on 8/21 without notifying me, because "gift cards have no value if lost or stolen."

Considering my email has not shown any other signs of being compromised since this card was used a year ago, it's very unlikely that the code was stolen from my data. And Delta has the full information of the person who used it, but seems either unwilling to investigate or unwilling to help me benefit from any action they take. They didn't even feel I was worthy of being notified. Today's CSR was sympathetic but effectively offered no alternatives.

Has anyone else had a better resolution to a similar situation? If so, what action did you take?

Thank you.