FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Seat & Meal
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:39 am
wkndtraveler

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Since Finnair didn’t want to upgrade me I decided to try the Seat and meal package. I opted for a bubbly brunch as it was a morning flight. It included a ”potato boat” filled with fresh cheese, chicken fillet in tomato sauce, braised spinach, mushrooms, rye roll, cream cheese, cold cuts, and fruit salad. The meal was served with champagne.

Despite the look, it was quite tasty combo actually but still not worth the money spent. And it’s annoying that tier members can’t choose the meal to be served to their preferred complimentary seats but first rows in economy only. What’s even more annoying is that those chargeable Seat and meal seats became available for anyone free of charge when check-in started. Without meal of course.

The service was indifferent on this flight. The tray was brought quickly after take off and the crew didn’t ask whether I would like to drink anything else than champagne. Had to call them back. Also, I would have appreciated if cabin crew asked when I would like to eat. I could have slept for an hour or so before eating. It was a 3+ hour flight so there was plenty of time.