FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I screwed - Skype - what the heck
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:30 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Am I screwed - Skype - what the heck

I used to be active on Skype but not in (ok 2 years).

Decide to Skype a FT friend & did a week ago. All contacts showing. But before I did, some message re: current Skype being out of date & to upgrade which I think I ignored. Spent 30 minutes w/ FT friend. No worries. See other contacts online on Skype, Again, no worries.

Yesterday I decide to try & Skype another friend & it again says my version no longer supported & to update. So I did - expecting my handle & all my contacts to go w/ the update. Color me surprised, stunned, upset, when after the update I have zero contacts & even the way of finding me is not via my name or handle but some bs about live.................. (periods mine & not FT) & not the way people used to find me before. Heck, even now trying to find my friends & biz colleagues not the same as before.

Is there anyway of getting all my contacts back from pre-upgrade? Also, is there anyway of having my contact not be live........................?

Thank you Microsoft - not.

PS - you all know (well the long term FTers know) I'm not technically literate(understatement of century) but when I update things (other software) everything transfers over. What the heck this time?

Cheers.