FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad service in CCR
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:00 am
Tootall33

Programs: BAEC Silver
Bad service in CCR

My partner and I have just gone in to the CCR, very disappointing so far! All began well with a lovely welcome at the FW and also the CCR registration, but after that awful (so far). It’s busier than I have ever seen it, which is not the end of the world of course, and still place to sit, service is however the issue. I went up to the bar having found a spot on the terrace (ugly pool Loungers with cheap cushions) and asked for a glass of champagne, I was poured something that was not LPGS without comment. I tried it but did not like it so asked if they had LP, I was very brusquely informed it was chilling and they did not have any. We then went to the restaurant where there was a wait for tables, the same gentleman who informed me re champagne was then manning the reception there and it was a bit of a circus. No one knew what was happening and although we were seated after 10 mins we were taken to a table with a large grey industrial plastic cutlery holder on the banquette next to it and trays with cleaning sprays on them on the adjacent table. (At this point I witnessed a table asking for LPGS specifically and then being served the other stuff surreptitiously). So far service in the restaurant has been perfunctory at best, soup slopped into the bowl for example, no bread offered.

Bad day or is this the norm these days?