FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:17 am
villox

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Got to the lounge around 5.15pm and line was out the door. When I got to the lounge dragon even before scanning my BP, her first words were "This is not a United Club!" (What's with the attitude?!?). Granted 3 people ahead of me were denied entry, but still. After scanning my BP, she asked for my passport. I gave her my drivers license and told her that it should be fine because I used my drivers license 2.5 weeks ago to verify ID. She refused to check my ID and then she snapped back at me saying: "Well you're flying to an international destination, so you should have your passport with you!" (Again, what's with the attitude). Not a single friendly greeting by the lounge dragon.

Dining room was 75% full when I was there, 5.15-6pm, around 3-4 tables open all the time. Ordered a sad looking burger.
Funny how two people going to the same lounge on the same day can have polar opposite experiences:

- Arrived around 5:45
- Greeted by a friendly agent who thanked me for having my passport ready noted that it was 2 weeks after my birthday and said “sorry we missed your Birthday!”
- Immediately sat in the restaurant. Server welcomed me back, having recognized me from a previous visit
- Had the “sad” burger which was delicious as usual
- served food quickly, tipped well, and the server sought me out to thank me for it
- recognized by a bartender with another welcome back
- enjoyed the delicious macarons which were brought out to the buffet around 7

Last edited by villox; Aug 30, 2019 at 7:50 am