FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Air. This is kinda a weird one and need assistance
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:39 am
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Being who I am, and knowing what I know, left and went to the airport and with a little prodding, got onto BA 194 to LHR J, upgraded to F, and then reconnected ....

All that to say, my Executive account has posted the LHR-DOH and DOH-MLE J flights and am wondering how long I need to wait for the IAH-LHR F to post. The thing that concerns me is this was a QR ticket, that they switched to a BA segment IAH-LHR. I've tried the normal, "missing Avios" route but it won't accept the ticket number as, again, it's QR stock, but an F BA segment. Should I just wait or should this have posted by now (as the other 2 segments did)?
Although you didn't say specifically, I gather from context that you put your BAEC number into the record for the IAH-LHR flight, yes? Does it show on your boarding pass?

Originally Posted by remdk
Often1 this is a QR matter and BA has nothing to do with it.
No. There are two carriers involved in the mileage posting part of a flight transaction. The operating carrier, and the carrier to which the miles are being posted. The operating carrier reports the flight information to the FFP designated by the passenger. That FFP posts mileage to the passenger's account based on its formula for operating carrier, marketing carrier, cabin, fare basis, etc. The FFP then crunches that information and posts the mileage to the passenger's account.

RetiredATLATC, BA shouldn't have a problem with this. As the operating carrier, BA is the only airline that can report the mileage earning, that is, BA is the only carrier that can report that you were on the flight. If your BAEC number is on the boarding pass, an emailed photo of the BP should take care of the problem. While something may have been screwed up in the transfer of the flight "coupon" from QR to BA, the bottom line is that you flew a BA flight on BA metal with a BAEC number in your record. The only catch I can see there is if BAEC considers it a QR marketed flight, which might affect your BAEC earnings. But the flight should still post in your BAEC account.

Let us know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Often1
This has nothing to do with QR. As a Mod to move it to BA and you may get some helpful specifics.
Exactly.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Aug 30, 2019 at 2:45 am