Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Air. This is kinda a weird one and need assistance

Old Aug 29, 19, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Last Wednesday my wife and I were scheduled to fly QR J from IAH-DOH-MLE. The flight, after 6+ hours was cancelled due to a flap issue (no Qsuites after a year waiting to experience them). They put us up in a local Hilton etc.

Next morning they sporadically rang and said to wait at the Hilton until further advised. Being who I am, and knowing what I know, left and went to the airport and with a little prodding, got onto BA 194 to LHR J, upgraded to F, and then reconnected to DOH and MLE on QR (missing a day of vacation) which stinks, but the QR flight was cancelled the next night @IAH as well (as I thought it would and why I went to the airport initially).

All that to say, my Executive account has posted the LHR-DOH and DOH-MLE J flights and am wondering how long I need to wait for the IAH-LHR F to post. The thing that concerns me is this was a QR ticket, that they switched to a BA segment IAH-LHR. I've tried the normal, "missing Avios" route but it won't accept the ticket number as, again, it's QR stock, but an F BA segment. Should I just wait or should this have posted by now (as the other 2 segments did)?

I hope this makes sense and thanks for your help
NZZO likes this.

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Aug 29, 19 at 7:36 am
Old Aug 29, 19, 8:59 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the Qatar Airways Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Aug 29, 19, 9:10 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by obscure2k View Post
Moving thread to the Qatar Airways Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
It looks like OP is trying to credit the flight to BA Executive Club, so the BA forum might be a better home than Qatar forum
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Aug 29, 19, 9:52 am

RetiredATLATC QR usually only credit for original ticketed route only. That is what you paid for. You need to claim for the original routing. You will almost certainly not get credit for IAH-LHR and your LHR-DOH segment should also be annulled to be replaced by IAH-DOH in J.
Old Aug 29, 19, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remdk View Post
RetiredATLATC QR usually only credit for original ticketed route only. That is what you paid for. You need to claim for the original routing. You will almost certainly not get credit for IAH-LHR and your LHR-DOH segment should also be annulled to be replaced by IAH-DOH in J.
I get that, but won't BA credit me for IAH-LHR F?
Old Aug 29, 19, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC View Post
I get that, but won't BA credit me for IAH-LHR F?
If it was an AUP, then they would only credit for J.

What's been said before is right, you should either
1. Claim Original Routing Credit (see BAEC forum for a good advice thread), to be credited for your original segments only
2. Leave it how it is

Of course, you could ask BA to credit the flight IAH-LHR, but if they look at the ticket details, they may well decide to just credit the segments booked/palm you off to QR/just say no.
Old Aug 29, 19, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This has nothing to do with QR. As a Mod to move it to BA and you may get some helpful specifics.
Old Aug 29, 19, 1:21 pm

Often1 this is a QR matter and BA has nothing to do with it.
OP has purchased a ticket IAH-DOH-MLE. That is what he has reservations for. Due to flight cancelations IAH-DOH QR purchased a, probably deeply discounted, BA ticket as part of rerouting to regain the original journey. Note QR 'own' that segment not OP!
OP has tried to claim with BA Quote " I've tried the normal, "missing Avios" route but it won't accept the ticket number as, again, it's QR stock, " with no luck because he is trying to claim points on a ticket 'owned' by someone else.
He has a contract with QR for transport IAH-MLE and he will receive points according to that contract. Be those points Qpoints, Avios or even raindrops it is QR who award them.
Old Aug 29, 19, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Originally Posted by gbeb View Post
If it was an AUP, then they would only credit for J.

What's been said before is right, you should either
1. Claim Original Routing Credit (see BAEC forum for a good advice thread), to be credited for your original segments only
2. Leave it how it is

Of course, you could ask BA to credit the flight IAH-LHR, but if they look at the ticket details, they may well decide to just credit the segments booked/palm you off to QR/just say no.
Not on BA/BAEC, as far as I know. AUPs gives TPs and Avios of the upgraded class, not the "old" one.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 1:02 am

Programs: BA GGL + CCR, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Contact BAMissingAvios on this board via PM, they are very helpful.
Prospero likes this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Being who I am, and knowing what I know, left and went to the airport and with a little prodding, got onto BA 194 to LHR J, upgraded to F, and then reconnected ....

All that to say, my Executive account has posted the LHR-DOH and DOH-MLE J flights and am wondering how long I need to wait for the IAH-LHR F to post. The thing that concerns me is this was a QR ticket, that they switched to a BA segment IAH-LHR. I've tried the normal, "missing Avios" route but it won't accept the ticket number as, again, it's QR stock, but an F BA segment. Should I just wait or should this have posted by now (as the other 2 segments did)?
Although you didn't say specifically, I gather from context that you put your BAEC number into the record for the IAH-LHR flight, yes? Does it show on your boarding pass?

Originally Posted by remdk View Post
Often1 this is a QR matter and BA has nothing to do with it.
No. There are two carriers involved in the mileage posting part of a flight transaction. The operating carrier, and the carrier to which the miles are being posted. The operating carrier reports the flight information to the FFP designated by the passenger. That FFP posts mileage to the passenger's account based on its formula for operating carrier, marketing carrier, cabin, fare basis, etc. The FFP then crunches that information and posts the mileage to the passenger's account.

RetiredATLATC, BA shouldn't have a problem with this. As the operating carrier, BA is the only airline that can report the mileage earning, that is, BA is the only carrier that can report that you were on the flight. If your BAEC number is on the boarding pass, an emailed photo of the BP should take care of the problem. While something may have been screwed up in the transfer of the flight "coupon" from QR to BA, the bottom line is that you flew a BA flight on BA metal with a BAEC number in your record. The only catch I can see there is if BAEC considers it a QR marketed flight, which might affect your BAEC earnings. But the flight should still post in your BAEC account.

Let us know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
This has nothing to do with QR. As a Mod to move it to BA and you may get some helpful specifics.
Exactly.
nancypants and jerry a. laska like this.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Aug 30, 19 at 3:45 am
Old Sep 4, 19, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I will update when I get an answer. BA's Twitter presence is absolutely useless. I messaged them a week ago, 4 days later was asked for more information concerning who was messaging them, and then radio silence.
Old Sep 4, 19, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks, I will update when I get an answer. BA's Twitter presence is absolutely useless. I messaged them a week ago, 4 days later was asked for more information concerning who was messaging them, and then radio silence.
They have a massive backlog due to the strike issues.

Message "BA Missing Avios" on Flyertalk instead.
Prospero likes this.
Old Sep 4, 19, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Received an email when I got home today with a credit of 13330 Avios for the IAH-LHR, however they still didn't credit my wife's account for the same.
Old Sep 4, 19, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Received an email when I got home today with a credit of 13330 Avios for the IAH-LHR, however they still didn't credit my wife's account for the same.
Nice and appropriate result. I would be surprised if your wife's credit wasn't far behind. Just out of curiosity, was she in the same PNR?

Search this Thread