FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:47 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by carzaddict
Wife and I are going on a babymoon next week. originally booked for RC Amelia island, but hurricane Dorian had other plans for us. Weather report showing scattered thunderstorms all week, didnt want to risk it...so i cancelled and am looking to rebook.

The options are: The Westin Kierland or Phoenician Collection Resort....both in Scottsdale, AZ. I know they're experiencing 100+ degrees....but i would rather that versus gloomy rainy weather.
Which hotel is better? nicer? funner?......also, are either of these relatively close to a town?

I'm also open to other options, must be continental US, a beach would be nice
The Phoenician is unquestionably the nicer and more luxurious property--and with better service and F&B. I posted an expert review from May while staying at the Phoenician Residences. The entire Phoenician property is impressive. Of course, the Phoenician is quite big, but the facilities are top rate. It would be a nice luxury alternative considering you were going to stay at the RC Amelia. Scottsdale isn't far, and the entire Phoenix metroplex is a 20 min drive in most cases.

The Canyon Suites certainly are nicer due to the intimacy of being a smaller hotel within the resort (and your own pool), and the Phoenician Residences are amazing. I reviewed all three properties. I hate Phoenix but I loved my time at the Phoenician Residence/Phoenician and didn't want to leave.

Other possibilities? Las Alcobas in Napa Valley. Marriott Newport Coast Villas. SLS Beverly Hills. Ritz-Carlton Bacara Santa Barbara. Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay. Maybe the StR Deer Valley or StR Aspen or RC Bachelor Gulch if you like the mountains (and elevation isn't an issue for pregnancy!).

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 29, 2019 at 8:23 pm