FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Y Pax upgraded by BA staff
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:53 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Has there been any allegation of a disturbance in the OPs case? No. None. This is classic whataboutery.
IF there was an issue that the upgrades were causing a problem, but that's for a different discussion.

See above. IF there's a disturbance, a subtle word to the SCCM?
You’ve chosen to link my comments to the OP’s specific case.

But the thread (as is perfectly natural) evolved into broader territory, and I made it clear - via my quote - that I was referring to the experience related by fellow FT-er CX828 ..... who had come back to explain why s/he felt that a number of upgrades on his / her flight had caused the cabin ‘quality’ to be adversely affected. On that aspect, I am sympathetic.

By way of disclaimer, I was fortunate over a period of several years to be the beneficiary of many zero-cost J-F upgrades across a wide variety of long-haul carriers (including BA), so in truth I have little problem when it happens to others - provided it does not cause disturbance or impact on the ability of passengers to enjoy a flight in their booked cabin. There was such an impact for CX828, and I made comments about the role played in this by the flight deck crew and cabin crew concerned. Simple as that.

Perks have always been a divisive subject, in all sorts of scenarios. A well-known Premiership footballer might earn in a single day what many individuals might typically earn in a whole year. Yet we all know who is more likely to be waved through into a nightclub with no requirement to either pay or queue. It’s an unfair world at times ...... just the way things are.