FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Membership Card -Too Funny - Bad Design
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:45 pm
Jon Maiman

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
New Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Membership Card -Too Funny - Bad Design

I still carry all of my travel program membership cards with me in my wallet. It is just habit I guess since I can't remember the last time I actually needed to present one to a hotel nor to an airline. I recieved my new Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium membership card recently and put it in my wallet. I didn't think much about it. Like I said, it is just a habit.

About a week later I took a business trip and flew to Denver and back from Pittsburgh. On my way out, went through the TSA Pre line in Pittsburgh and through security no issues. At the end of the week I am returning from Denver again in the TSA Pre line. I go through the WMD and it triggers. The TSA agent was nice and thinks it is my belt buckle and asks politely if I can remove it. I hand him my belt and walk through the WMD again and it triggers again. Both the TSA agent and I are stumped since my pockets are empty and I don't have any other metal on me or do I? Wait it dawns on me I got my new Marriott Bonvoy LT Card. So I hand it to the TSA agent and he comments on how heavy a card it is. I walk through the WMD one more time and this time no issue. So the Marriott Bonvoy LT Card has enough metal to trigger the WMD's (at least some of them). Great design for the frequent travel going through airports on a regular basis.

I told my wife the story when I got home and we both got a good chuckle out of it. This week I am back in Denver again; however, my Marriott Bonvoy LT card didn't make the trip. It is safely back at the house on my desk. Perhaps this is a subtle message for me to stop needlessly carrying all of the travel program member cards. To the Marriott Bonvoy program materials designers, you really goofed on the new card design :-)

--Jon