Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Membership Card -Too Funny - Bad Design

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Membership Card -Too Funny - Bad Design

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:57 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Lifetime Titanium cards are still in the process of being shipped out to all Lifetime Titanium Members and will continue to ship through the end of the year. If you have not received one, one will be be on its way to you in the near future. If you still have not received one in early 2020, please call Member Support and the team will make sure a kit is delivered to you.

Best Regards,

Social Media Team
Marriott International
[email protected]
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
Did they finally open this status up to everyone?
No, nothing has changed - remains closed to new qualification.

or is it still a mythical status that wouldn't be and different than platinum even though it is in fact different?
Assume you're referring to that bizarre timeframe during last year where we had an FTer here blathering on and on endlessly about how Titanium (or was it just the LT variant?) would be in name only and in no way an enhancement of any sort over Plat. Not sure what that was all about but the facts are well known at this point so we have fortunately moved on from that nonsense.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Executive Club Gold, Marriott Platinum for Life
I just earned Lifetime Platinum Elite, does anyone know if I have to wait for the close of 2019 for this year to count as my 10th Platinum year? The app shows that I have the nights for Platinum in 2019, but it doesn't acknowledge Lifetime Platinum status. FWIW I'm currently Ambassador Elite.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jeanie
I didn't get a card, and I am lifetime titanium. The last time I logged in, my status was correct. However, it does bother me that I haven't received the card, yet.

BTW, I was one of the people that had their status screwed up by Marriott in the IT debacle between August, 2018, and late January, 2019. Multiple agents acknowledged the mistake at the time, but no one was willing to do anything to fix it. So even though my status is correct for now on the website, I would like to have the metal LTT card as well.
I haven’t got a new LT card yet, and my status was acknowledged correctly right from the start, so I wouldn’t take it personally.

Originally Posted by Keyser
marriott is sending cards to lifetime titanium members????when did this happen????
Lots of people have. It’s been amply discussed in the LT thread. I think people started receiving them about a month ago. Start at post # 757. It comes with a packet. There are pics in post # 793.

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by JakeMorgan
I just earned Lifetime Platinum Elite, does anyone know if I have to wait for the close of 2019 for this year to count as my 10th Platinum year? The app shows that I have the nights for Platinum in 2019, but it doesn't acknowledge Lifetime Platinum status. FWIW I'm currently Ambassador Elite.
I was told the year counter would be updated February next year sometime. I just got my tenth Platinum year a few months ago.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Lots of people have. It’s been amply discussed in the LT thread. I think people started receiving them about a month ago. Start at post # 757. It comes with a packet. There are pics in post # 793.
good to know....
Old Sep 1, 2019, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Nothing new here. Even the former SPG LTP metal cards set off metal detectors.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
I still carry all of my travel program membership cards with me in my wallet.

Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Wow. People love to whine about anything. I have permanent Titanium plates in my body and does not set detectors off, so there
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chix
Wow. People love to whine about anything. I have permanent Titanium plates in my body and does not set detectors off, so there
Indeed they do. I particularly enjoy the faulty logic contributions. I too have metal in my body. Only once has it set of the scanner at an airport that shares a runway with a military base. It does make you wonder about the security theatre at other airports.

James
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've long carried spare metal home keys in my wallet. Because of that, I don't even test whether it'll go through, I just always take it out. That predates me having any metal cards.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
My LTE card sits in a place of honor on the corner of my desk leaning on my MM status award and other equally inane awards (that I made no attempt to gather up). They provide me with a monthly reminder that I have 'been there, done that.'
That stated, I do use and enjoy the perks and benefits that holding said status provides.

Last edited by Dublin_rfk; Sep 3, 2019 at 9:02 am Reason: UPDATE
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
New card

​​​​​​​Neat Mrt Bonvoy card & brochure just came today, yep- the metal card is heavy.

Last edited by Jiatong; Sep 18, 2019 at 7:23 am Reason: pic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.