FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low TATL business fares
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:21 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyztozag
What are the lowest RT or open-jaw TATL AC business class fares you have seen? Mine is $1800, ZRH-YUL-YYZ-ZRH. Also seen $2000 AMS-YYZ tickets, $2050 FCO-YYZ-LHR and $2200 ZRH-YYZ-MUC.

These are P fares (though I think the $1800 might have been on R or something lower than P).
​​​
They are much, much cheaper. It is not even rare to see ZRH or ZAG to YYZ for ~2800 CAD, and not with some stupid connection. Talking about direct from ZRH, and ideal connections from ZAG. Originating in YYZ it is quite rare to see normal flights to either ZRH or ZAG for under ~4000. There are exceptions though and I've seen it go as low as 2350 CAD.

EDIT: I am asking about literally any TATL fares booked on AC metal. Doesn't matter if the journey doesn't start or end in YYZ, or Canada for that matter.
.....Here's an example, looking at random dates (Oct10-Oct17) for YYZ-FRA, AC is ~5500 CAD in J. Meanwhile on FRA-YYZ on same dates, AC is ~2700 CAD, again in J.

I read all the posts in this thread including the ones that were deleted. I will admit I don't understand your question. And the title of the thread did not provide any specific info. Is this thread an effort to see if anyone has found lower fares than you? Are you wondering if all AC fares ex-Canada are higher than ex-Europe? And if AC fares ex-Europe are lower, then, well. ok, they are lower.

And if someone did find a lower fare ex-Europe like @canadiancow did, and we've all seen other examples, I'm not sure where that leads the thread.

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
What is interesting is that round trip fares that originate in Europe tend to be lower that those that originate in Canada. US origin fares also tend to be lower. .......
As is often seen on the FT Premium Fares thread.

There was one thread a while back with posts complaining about the extremely high fares on TATL routes from Canada and questions as to why. I think the simple answers are the JV and because AC can charge those fares.

For those who buy flight passes, or can start their outbound trip from Europe (whether it be on miles or tickets on another airline), they have the advantage because they are willing to position to the outbound European location. Not everyone can do that, many won't for whatever reason. Over the years, deals ex-CPH, ARN and DUB have popped up, in the same way that AC was selling USA-YYZ-XXX for thousands less than YYZ-XXX.