FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Half a Million Marriott Points, Where to Go?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:02 am
CIT85

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I’m fairly paranoid and even a bit narrow minded, but when it comes to our toddler, we prefer to keep her within US, Canada, UK and Japan until she’s at least 12. Food sanitation is a concern as she’s allergic to tree nuts. I really don’t want to worry about access to quality health care should we need it. So we ain’t gonna hit Mexico or Caribbean despite all the nice resorts and such. No cruise ship either. I’m just super paranoid in general. shrugs
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
unfortunately that’s too long of a journey. Toronto to Vancouver, stop, then Vancouver to Hawaii. Noooooot gonna happen with the toddler
Process of elmination based on your restrictions.
Japan - Too far
Hawaii - Too far
Europe (other than UK) - Not on your list
Canada - No real Marriott Bonvoy nice resorts
UK - No real Marriott Bonvoy nice resorts
Continental US - Limited to a few states, FL, CO, CA

If you wait until toddler is 12, then you have to wait a few more years until the new born (in the next 2 years or so) becomes old enough.

We took our daughter to Paris and Geneva the first time when she was 3-1/2, and then other countries in Europe and Asia every other year. through high school. Now she has no qualms planning her own trips to Greece, Croatia, Morocco, and Spain by the time she graduated from college.