FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kauai Courtyard vs Sheraton Kauai Resort July 2020??
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:33 pm
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Bohemiana
I want to book 5-nights with points before peak pricing sets in. I'm trying to compare the Kauai Courtyard and the Sheraton Kauai Resort. I've been doing research but can't find a comparison between these two properties.
Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach will be rebranded to Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort when its renovation is complete.

Keep in mind that the Sheraton Kauai Resort in Poipu is on both sides of Poipu Beach Road. Staying with points, it seems likely that you would be assigned to a room on the land side of the road, not the ocean side.
Originally Posted by Bohemiana
We've never been to Kauai, we are only Marriott gold, which I think is basically no status. We almost never eat dinner at hotels so walking distance to eateries would be best. I'm assuming the renovations at Courtyard will be done by July 2020. The Courtyard is currently 25k and the Sheraton is 35K.
Thoughts?? Thanks!!
I would certainly hope the Sheraton (former Courtyard) Kauai Coconut Beach Resort in Kapa'a will be completely done before July 2020, but I would recommend phoning the resort directly to confirm.

Gold Elite is much better than no status. Gold Elite is eligible for an upgrade. You're in the middle of the tiers:
— Non-mamber
— Member
— Silver Elite
— Gold Elite
— Platinum Elite
— Titanium Elite
— Ambassador Elite

I've never stayed at either property, but I'm familiar with Kapa'a and Poipu. Kapa'a is more basic and Poipu is more resort-like. You have to be careful with beaches on Kauai because of currents, but beaches at Poipu are more highly regarded than beaches around Kapa'a. I like the Allerton Gardens at the National Tropical Botanical Garden, Poipu (take a tour). If location were the only factor, I would rather stay at Poipu.

Then again, five nights at a newly renovated resort at Kapa'a for just 100,000 points seems pretty darn good.

I would look at recent reviews on Tripadvisor, but those reviews won't tell you what the Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort will be like upon completion.

Last edited by Horace; Aug 26, 2019 at 3:33 pm