FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: YUL-PVG and visa-free stay
Thread: Question: YUL-PVG and visa-free stay
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:30 pm
balexis

Thanks for the insight everyone, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I 've done TWOV about a dozen times in China, and there has almost always been an argument at check-in. So come early.
Solid advice, I for one tend to forget about arriving early when traveling to a non-ordinary destination.

Originally Posted by 24left
@beanie72
Was this an AC reservations agent?
Were they suggesting you check with Canadian customs or Chinese?
Instead of saying "well there are no checks that I know of", the simplest answer from that agent should have been to tell you to make sure you have all the required tickets & docs necessary and to check Chinese rules.
This was an AC reservation agent. When I asked which customs she was referring to, she got a bit confused and then said I should ask at the nearest Chinese embassy...

Originally Posted by beanie72
In my experience flying from PUS-PEK-HAN on separate tickets (CA PUS-PEK, VN PEK-HAN) I had to show both ticket itineraries and my hotel reservation with my passport at check in. I had the TIMATIC print out of the TWOV process ready to show the check in agent but didn't need it as there were no issues and the agent seemed very familiar with the process. I consulted the following Master Thread which you can check out if you haven't done so.

China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread
Awesome, thanks for the info and link to that thread.