FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:03 am
rvlcr

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WorldTravl

Park Hyatt

Waldorf Astoria

Did anyone who stayed at WA find lagoon to be disappointing for the Maldives. (Especially considering this is 1000$ a night). From pictures I have seen, it looks "meh" like something I could find in the Caribbean (which is much close to where I live). Like, the Park Hyatt makes me go "wow" in pictures while the WA is like "eh".
thats what i’ve been thinking all along. this is exactly what happens when you pump artificial sand in the middle of a natural lagoon to create a fake looking, man made island. it’s not going to go well and just as we can see right here, the sand is not settling very well. if i we’re paying a cash rate of 2.000 for this resort i would be very peeved if this was then lagoon/beach i found outside my villa.

the beaches at the conrad, PHH, and W are MUCH MUCH nicer.

ive been to 6 resorts in the maldives and even cheap 4* ones come way way ahead than the waldorf when it comes to beach and lagoon beauty. which at the end of the day is why i fly 30+ hours across the world and is also why i will never ever visit the WA.