FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVP bonus miles on AA flights?
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2019, 5:56 am
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The AS MP accural would be on the underlying economy fare class if the class flown was an upgrade. You may not have earned as much as you thought anyway. On an AS codeshare AA operated flight, I changed to my AA FF number for a bag fee waiver and then changed it back. It was the first segment of a two flight mixed airline itinerary. Still slightly different than your scenario but I didn't have any issues. I was also able to select MCE seats.

James
I've had one HKG-LAX-HKG trip on AA at 50% and another at 25%, so it's not the issue of not earning what I expected, as I definitely didn't expect 100% on those flight. QF seems to always give at least 100%, as my SIN-SYD-LAX RT was one of the lowest fare basis as well as a low price. Also, no hassle in using my AA EXP number for the seat charge waiver and QF FC lounge access (just show the card.) AA is the one that seems to have any issue, as I mentioned.