FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Tix and Switch from BA to AA - fees refund?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:22 pm
holocker

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Award Tix and Switch from BA to AA - fees refund?

Last month I booked award Ticket using my AA miles from San-Nice in Business Class flying San-DFW on AA then DFW-LHR and LHR-NCE on BA and was charged $1,292.80 in taxes. AA changed my first flight so I only had a 20-minute layover so changed me to an AA flight from DFW-LHR. Should I be able to get some of the taxes/surcharges refunded? Does anyone have any idea what that should be?

The agent that changed the ticket connected me to the refund department. After on hold for 30 minutes the agent in the refund department said all Business Class flights to London have the surcharge when I questioned her she went to ask a supervisor and hung up on me after another 30 minutes on hold. Looking at the award taxes and fee it looks like the Carrier-Imposed Fees are $600 per ticket.
Before I call back tomorrow and spend hours on hold again want to make sure I am correct that I am entitled to a refund?

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 23, 2019 at 1:59 am Reason: Merge posts on same issue