FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:33 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by escape4
I have a reservation later in 2019 and I asked to be "downgraded" from BV to OWV and they refused; they said since my booking is 2019, I can only do so if I pay $400 per night

Perhaps they would have had a different answer if my booking was early 2020 rather than late 2019? Regardless, I am not impressed. Let the rich footballers with children book in the more expensive BVs and let some of us downgrade voluntarily to OWV to free up more BV inventory. Everybody is happy. I guess that's not in the cards which is disappointing.
I'm in a simlilar boat, with a booking very late November directly after a Conrad stay. I've already booked the Conrad for the same dates in case I choose to cancel the WA, but if I could get a Reef Villa without paying the $400 a night that might just swing it.

As it stands, even with the 'half price' boat transfer, I'm tempted to save my 75k points (3 night WA stay), $400 a night upgrade fee and $800 boat ride money and just remain at Conrad.