FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Something Rotten in The State of Denmark -GPU waitlist issue after ticket date change
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:51 pm
FU24

Programs: UA1k 2.5mm NZ Elite IHG
Something Rotten in The State of Denmark -GPU waitlist issue after ticket date change

In June I booked a ticket[w class] AKL- SFO-LHR leaving 22/8. Applied a GPU with flight wide open until today. In July I was upgraded to PP. Today I checked in at T24 and found I was not on the wait list.for Polaris.
Rang 1k line and was told becos return date on ticket was changed, I would have to go to the airport to be checked in and then be placed on the waitlist. I remonstrated... how was I already upgraded to PP
without airport checkin?. Waited 10 mins ."I was wrong" "Let me check you in" "now check your status" I did this and noticed I was now no1 on PP upgrade list and no 3 on Polaris waitlist behind 2 people I was ahead of on the PP waitlist..More waiting... Finally after 1 hour of the call I was advised. "dont wait any longer. We will call you".
There are obviously some glitches in UA's upgrade software.
The Agent who helped sort this out was actually very helpful ,determined to fix it up,and had a great attitude. Full marks to her.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 20, 2019 at 9:08 pm Reason: Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive