FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit via BKK vs SIN?
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:28 am
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
There's more to an airport than lounges. BKK is overall a horrible airport; SIN is in many respects the best in the world. And I wouldn't want to spend 5 hours in any of the *A lounges at BKK (either separately or together).
I guess it depends on how you spend your time on long layovers. I personally very rarely do any shopping at all or visit other facilities of an airport, except the lounge. I'd prefer to find a place with a power outlet, sit down and just work on my PC until it's time to go to the next flight, even if that's an extended layover. 5 hours isn't really enough to leave the airport at either city, but SIN you could get out and do a little if determined... BKK, not so much.

Having said that, agreed, BKK is a horrible airport. The design with the super long terminals leaves much to be desired. But I'd still rather deal with it, get a refreshing shower and some decent food at a BKK lounge than I would explore the wonders of Changi outside the lounge. Changi is a superior airport in every way, except the lounges, so that comes down to personal preference and priority.