FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:23 pm
UAflyer93

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Originally Posted by zombietooth
You'll notice that many of us who have noted the sorry state of the SFO Polaris buffett also credited other lounges, e.g. ORD, which is, by far, the best, with doing a much better job. I find most of SFO's Buffett options unpalatable. If I am paying thousands for a Polaris ticket, I believe that the food should be better than Denny's or Golden Corral. I've had a couple of good things at the restaurant, e.g. the gyoza (they call them potstickers) and the Polaris burger, but I can get a better burger at numerous airport locations. The cioppino used to be a good dish, but it's off the menu now.
The burger is decent, but I found the gyoza inedible on my last couple visits - thick skins and a lot of filler.

Recently, I’ve just been filling up on the seaweed salad and the poke at the buffet. The tuna poke is decent but each ramekin has only 5 or so pieces of fish, so you have to take 5 or 6 and combine them.