FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skytrax 2019
Thread: Skytrax 2019
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:16 pm
vsepr

Originally Posted by clubeurope
This is my friend telling me, not myself :P He flew on the BA yinyang seats on the upper deck of the 747, and really liked the lack of footwells, and particularly lauded the quality of the Do&Co food. I have had the Do&Co food myself and thought of it to be excellent as well.

As I said, service on Qatar can be a hit or miss. It can be really great, downright indifferent, or quite poor. In fairness, I've had some really excellent crews (who frequently checking up if everything is alright) though I have also had really indifferent crews (forgetting your request, or your food, etc). The non-alcoholic drinks imo has always been great, but the food is a different story.
I find the service on Qatar is very good and consistent. Polite, polished, friendly, professional. Never show annoying face or roll eyes like on other airlines. They don't talk bad about passengers among themselves like the crew on Singapore Airlines.

The inflight manager and cabin crew will come and greet you before the flight and before landing. Makes you feel special.

Food & presentation is excellent. Menu has pictures of the entire bottle of wine. Pictures of food was so nice and attractive.

Only bad thing about Qatar Airways is no free playing cards, no inflight duty free shopping and very famous for last minute plane swoop.