FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skytrax 2019
Thread: Skytrax 2019
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:36 pm
clubeurope

Originally Posted by Spinstorm
LOL Business on BA better than Qatar? That’s a joke. I have flown the new club suites a couple of weeks ago on the new A350 and they were lovely; but they felt like a cramped version of the Q Suites. If he was comparing an international flight in Club Suites to QSuites then maybe.. maybe I would say they are closer but standard Club World compared to Qatar?

No way! He should see a shrink :P

The service I had in April on Qatar from Budapest to Doha to Tokyo and back was amazing. Great food; great drinks and super attentive cabin crew. One or two I may have wanted to marry lol but regardless I slept 8 hours on the 13 hour Tokyo to Doha flight and had great food and service. One of the reasons in the end I decided to go to Singapore instead of New York was because flying Qatar was so good.
This is my friend telling me, not myself :P He flew on the BA yinyang seats on the upper deck of the 747, and really liked the lack of footwells, and particularly lauded the quality of the Do&Co food. I have had the Do&Co food myself and thought of it to be excellent as well.

As I said, service on Qatar can be a hit or miss. It can be really great, downright indifferent, or quite poor. In fairness, I've had some really excellent crews (who frequently checking up if everything is alright) though I have also had really indifferent crews (forgetting your request, or your food, etc). The non-alcoholic drinks imo has always been great, but the food is a different story.