FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - São Paulo-GRU domestic-international minimum connection time LA-AA
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:24 pm
snorkmaster

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
São Paulo-GRU domestic-international minimum connection time LA-AA

Just venting...it seems a bit ridiculous that American shows 60 minutes as an acceptable minimum connecting time for LATAM Domestic to American International at São Paulo-Guarulhos (GRU).

Unless I'm missing something having done this in the past, there's no alternative to leaving security, walking to Terminal 3, re-entering security, and clearing immigration before trekking down to the AA gate, right? It seems like the planets would have to align for this to work during a 60 minute connection.

There aren't a ton of flights from Florianopolis (FLN) to GRU on my travel day, so I asked to fly into to Congonhas and take the bus to GRU (or helicopter for the hell of it), but they would not accommodate the change. I guess the next step is to just ask them to sever the FLN-GRU segment and buy a separate one way on GOL?