Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

São Paulo-GRU domestic-international minimum connection time LA-AA

Old Aug 19, 19, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM,, DL PM, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Dollar Store Premium

Just venting...it seems a bit ridiculous that American shows 60 minutes as an acceptable minimum connecting time for LATAM Domestic to American International at São Paulo-Guarulhos (GRU).

Unless I'm missing something having done this in the past, there's no alternative to leaving security, walking to Terminal 3, re-entering security, and clearing immigration before trekking down to the AA gate, right? It seems like the planets would have to align for this to work during a 60 minute connection.

There aren't a ton of flights from Florianopolis (FLN) to GRU on my travel day, so I asked to fly into to Congonhas and take the bus to GRU (or helicopter for the hell of it), but they would not accommodate the change. I guess the next step is to just ask them to sever the FLN-GRU segment and buy a separate one way on GOL?
Old Sep 16, 19, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

I'm re-surfacing my own thread hoping for guidance. After a few calls to American, no one will even consider cutting off the Florianopolis-São Paulo segment so I can buy a ticket on another carrier on my own dime (or real). She suggested writing to Customer Relations. This is just ridiculous. Any suggestions?

(p.s. ExpertFlyer shows 1:30 as the minimum connecting time for LA-AA at GRU but this doesn't seem to jibe with AA's system.)
Old Sep 16, 19, 3:03 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
There’s an airside transit corridor between the domestic and international terminal, in which you clear immigration
GlobalMatt and FAA1996 like this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Wow, who knew? Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'm usually spending time in São Paulo before flying home, and didn't know about this.

This isn't going to win a videography award, but I suppose it captures the gist.

An hour is still a little tight in my opinion, but I suppose I'l make it iif all is on time.

Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
There’s an airside transit corridor between the domestic and international terminal, in which you clear immigration

Last edited by snorkmaster; Sep 16, 19 at 7:42 pm

Search this Thread