FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skytrax 2019
Thread: Skytrax 2019
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:03 pm
Spinstorm

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I don't know... Singapore Airlines may be overrated, but I don't see how Qatar is not overrated as such.

To me Qsuite has lost it's gimmick, the food and service on QR these days can be a hit or miss, until recently they've been serving really poor champagne, and so on. I couldn't care less about hot or cold towel choices, and I'm happy as long as they use some logic in these things. JL for instance hands out cold towels when it's hot outside and hot towels when inflight or otherwise.

Qsuite may be great for Business, but the footwell is rather tight in my opinion, and transiting in Doha can be a mess. I just feel like the offering has been going downhill recently...

My friend was telling me the other day how he flew QR for the first time, and in J class too, and he said of the service too be quite poor on both legs and of the food to be poor as well. The plot twist is that he preferred BA J over QR J.

Edit: aside from Lao Airlines (which turned out to be much better than what one ought to expect), I'd say BA is really underrated given all the hate they get... They're actually not as poor as people make them out to be, and I'd say their food in particular has been very good as of late.
LOL Business on BA better than Qatar? That’s a joke. I have flown the new club suites a couple of weeks ago on the new A350 and they were lovely; but they felt like a cramped version of the Q Suites. If he was comparing an international flight in Club Suites to QSuites then maybe.. maybe I would say they are closer but standard Club World compared to Qatar?

No way! He should see a shrink :P

The service I had in April on Qatar from Budapest to Doha to Tokyo and back was amazing. Great food; great drinks and super attentive cabin crew. One or two I may have wanted to marry lol but regardless I slept 8 hours on the 13 hour Tokyo to Doha flight and had great food and service. One of the reasons in the end I decided to go to Singapore instead of New York was because flying Qatar was so good.