FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:51 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by BLTraveler
After they denied my entry I forwarded them this message and they gave me some BS about all the customers complaining about the 3rd party transfers invading their privacy (BS) and that they no longer allow 3rd party transfers. So they are aware that this message was floating around out there and they could care less.

It appears some bean counter with an MBA from the university of phoenix has implemented a strict mandate to absolutely ban all 3rd party transfers no matter the circumstance.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when someone just shows up anyone in a 3rd party transfer.
I don't know if this is relevant but when I was there waiting to leave a third party transfer (small speedboat) arrived and a white bearded guy stepped out and started bossing staff around and even poking his fingers in the chest of a staff member, which made my girlfriend audibly say "Wowww"

We later asked the "yacht concierge" who he was and she said he was the CEO of the company that built the resort or something like that.

They must have deliveries, and staff, and vendors arriving all the time and have probably had close to zero guests arriving on third party transfers so I, like you, find the argument that many customers were complaining about third party transfers to be BS.

I'm very curious to what they would say to someone who says "you told me I could take a third party transfer and I intend to to that, otherwise I expect you will transfer me for the same price I agreed with the third party vendor (easy solution) or cancel my reservation without penalty and reimburse me for the plane tickets I already bought."

Last edited by jphripjah; Aug 19, 2019 at 8:33 pm