FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:43 am
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by jphripjah
.....the comparison is apt. Happy hour is served at Rangali Bar at Conrad Rangali (or at least it was during my last visit) and the one hour afternoon tea/happy hour are served at Peacock Alley at WA Ithaafushi.
I'm surprised that suddenly - and conveniently - there is absence of mind because as you well know from being active over on the Rangali thread, Afternoon Tea at Rangali Bar was only a temporary thing (as Vilu was initially closed due to maintenance) and the trial move over to Rangali Bar got a lot of very negative feedback.

Originally Posted by jphripjah
But to the extent that your statement yesterday was "Everything that Rangali has to offer is of much more substance and classy, " and today you're posting that "Personal opinions will vary I guess," I believe we are finding common ground here.
Like I posted twice already at the beginning of my posts, "If you want variety and over-water experiences for your F&B, choose Rangali".
The Waldorf has basically zero variety as far as over-water dining goes. And as we have seen so far, their 'beach dining' is a joke being outside the main pool where there's the possibility of lots of people, lots of noise and noise from screaming children. Not exactly a classy location for a classy, private beach BBQ. There's no comparison.
Then there's Glow vs. Mandhoo.....dine at Mandhoo and be over the water while eating your 'detoxifying delicacies'. Many people travel to the Maldives to enjoy over-water experiences so yes, Rangali would win hands down here again. I seriously doubt you're going to see any first prizes awarded to Glow for ambience, romantic atmosphere, scenic setting etc.
And Rangali has two beach bars, one classy and the other standard, so you could say, again, that Rangali wins due to variety. So, like I said; variety & over-the-water dining. But remember, I've always been expressing my opinion, not just today. I'm surprised you've just started noticing.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 19, 2019 at 6:54 am Reason: Typos