FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:59 pm
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Comparing Peacock Alley and Rangali Bar is like comparing apples and oranges. One is for Hhonors Afternoon Tea and the other is a beach bar! Rangali Bar should be compared to Nava. However, it (Peacock Alley) does still beat Vilu.....but maybe not Mandhoo for obvious reasons. Personal opinions will vary I guess. Personally I'd prefer an older, not necessarily newly-built, outdoor and over-water location with unobstructed killer views to a newly-decorated, albeit 'classier' interior in which I was basically stuck indoors. After all, when we fly halfway across the world to a remote tropical island and attend afternoon tea we don't want to, if we have a choice, shut ourselves indoors for any longer than necessary or have anything less than a view to die for. That's just my (and my OH's) 2c worth, @james0499.
Well, I think if you get the opportunity to visit Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi first hand you will see that the comparison is apt. Happy hour is served at Rangali Bar at Conrad Rangali (or at least it was during my last visit) and the one hour afternoon tea/happy hour are served at Peacock Alley at WA Ithaafushi. There is the choice of sitting indoors or outdoors at Peacock Alley, no one is "stuck indoors" though I appreciate that may not be apparent from photos of Peacock Alley available to the public on the resort's website.

Peacock Alley is WA Ithaafushi's main bar and lounge area, located just off reception and close to the large casual restaurant, Tasting Table. It's the focal point of the common areas that a guest will see first when arriving at the property and pass through every day. Nava is located well away, on the other side of the resort, on the beach, and is generally empty, and is more comparable to the Quiet Zone at Conrad Rangali. I think you will agree with all of this you visit the resort first hand. I appreciate it's hard to get an informed impression of WA Ithaafushi from photos and from Tripadvisor reviews.

But to the extent that your statement yesterday was "Everything that Rangali has to offer is of much more substance and classy, " and today you're posting that "Personal opinions will vary I guess," I believe we are finding common ground here.