FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever heard of preferred seating on TG?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:17 am
11277m

Originally Posted by Noppasit
This is rubbish, why on earth TG would not waive the charge for ROP Gold or even Plat for prefer seating? Btw I did ask about this at check-in counter.
I agree. When booking a few months ago I was told by TG "I can get you into row 31" but the seating was apparently requested and not confirmed. Then TG had the bright idea of charging for the seats and my local TG office said row 31 could only be allocated at check-in, with payment. TG in Bangkok were able to allocate row 31 when I emailed and phoned, though only with payment of course.

It's a bit sad to see the desire to find as many things to charge for as possible. Other Star Alliance carriers do or did allow preferred seats for their gold members...Air Canada used to, United, Swiss and Air New Zealand still do.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, It would be nice to have some onboard advantages apart from the occasional welcome from the IFM and the occasional early meal delivery.

I don't believe that this frantic rush to charge for everything, just like a low cost airline, will solve TG's economic problems.