FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is using a company like business-class.com a good idea?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:42 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beautifulangela
This is a non stop which they claim is on United. Does it matter how they bought it if I know I don’t have connections or changes? I’m sorry to ask these questions. I don’t travel much so this is all new to me.
Welcome to flyertalk!

The problem with third-party booking services and some online travel agencies is that it can be quite difficult to discern exactly what you are buying.

I would suggest using google flights to quickly get an idea of the ballpark market rates for airfares on your dates / to your destinations.

Then if you are comparison shopping with other booking services, you at least know what might be a good deal and what might be a too-good (i.e. problematic) deal. And still you will want to carefully scrutinize what they say they are selling you.

I'm not familiar with business-class.com, but quickly checking google I see some reasonable fares in the $2500-$2900 range for Rome - Washington DC, for example: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...;sc:b;sd:1;t:f. In this case, it doesn't seem you would save too much with what you found on that website, so you are likely better booking directly with an airline.