FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador vs Titanium
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:32 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rfrost
I’ve been generally pleased with my Ambassador status. I had a couple of blips early on, but have found my Ambassador quite helpful in resolving account discrepancies, of which there have been several. I’ve had only one SNA request declined, and with or without SNA’s, have had some wonderful, above-and-beyond upgrades.
My main disappointment has been Your24, for which I am 0 for 2 (I’ve only asked when I REALLY wanted it) and which, I’ve gathered from my Ambassador, have proven elusive for her clients generally.
Without having any Titanium experience as such, I can’t really compare, but am generally content.
I am more than content with being Titanium. So much so that I worry that, based on many data points, an Ambassador might be a let down.

I will be at the Westin LAX tonight for a 2 night stay. Interestingly, the Presidential Suite was in the SNA pool. I didn't apply SNAs for this trip. I was already pre-upgraded to a high-floor Executive Lounge Access room before check-in.

I also received a pre-arrival e-mail from the Westin Experience Manager to which I replied providing my travel itinerary, expected arrival time and that I wouldn't require a late check-out with my early departure for a morning flight out of LAX.

This is a unique stay. I won't get into all the details but upon presentation of them, I received a follow up e-mail and was further upgraded to a Deluxe Corner Suite, Larger Suite, 1 King, Corner room. I am not sure an Ambassador, as an intermediary, would have effected the same result.

I have also been pre-upgraded to a Deluxe Harbour View room at the CY Hong Kong for my 3-night stay next week.

James