FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3.5 hours in Zurich for the first time -- go to city? enjoy the lounge?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:30 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Concerto
You could do it, but I wouldn't... it's just a shade tight. 5 hours or more would give you enough time for a quick visit to Zurich to get the feel of the place. Terminal E lounge is good, the one in the main terminal is pretty mediocre. But you won't be departing from Terminal E for London, so leave enough time to get back to A.
I concur, although it takes 10+ mins to get to the HB if you have to wait say 10 mins each way for the train you just lost 20 mins that you cant afford to. If the 1st train is an S train it will let you off downstairs in the HB and give yourself 10 mins to get to the Banhofstrasse (Main shopping street) then you walk a bit and turn around and headback to make sure you clear everything and get to the gate in time

I bet the whole time youd be worried if something will occur that will cause you to end up getting back late and missing the flight = you wont enjoy what youd be seeing.

btw its hit or miss if the Dragons will let you into the E lounge. Ive been let in and also denied and told to us ethe lounge where my next gate will be as The E lounge is for those departing from the E concourse