FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CBC Article - Mom, daughter kicked off Air Canada plane, not told they're banned
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:30 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm curious how this started. It sounds like FAs were ordering people on board to change seats so that some family could sit together, which to me is inappropriate unless there's a small child sitting alone without an adult from the family. It's not necessary that the entire family have seats together, nor that spouses sit together or parents with older teen (and beyond) offspring. I'd resist moving too, especially being asked to do it several times and without a GA giving me a new boarding pass for the *officially* reassigned seat. For all we know, the passengers who were booted had paid extra or booked especially early to secure better seats for themselves.

BTW I'd love to be able to avoid any future dealings with people who use the F bomb (if this happened here) toward me at work, but it doesn't happen, nor does the government perform mandatory searches of members of the public to prevent them from bringing weapons (or bottles of water) to my workplace. If FAs are on board for my safety, they shouldn't be such snowflakes.