FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with carry on inline skates; pre-alert person handling the queue?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:43 pm
Brko

Traveling with carry on inline skates; pre-alert person handling the queue?

metal inline skate frames that hold the wheels are usually okay but some skaters report a rare issue at the airport. One poster wrote about this tactic for pre-notifying one of the security screeners managing the queue:
Repeatedly ask the people working the queue if its ok, don't assume other peoples lack of a problem means you will be fine.

This way, if someone has a problem with it, they'll ask a colleague before you get to the bit where they turn you away, and likely find out it's fine. Whereas if someone has a problem with it at the point you have your bag xrayed, your pretty much ....ed, they will back each other up regardless of policy.

Also, make sure you have time to do something about it if they do turn you away.

TRUST ME, I have missed a flight because of quad skates in my hand luggage, and yes, I also know lots of people who have had no problems doing exactly the same thing.
Do you guys believe this would indeed give them time to do a rule check and verify that it's okay (it normally is). Or do you think this will just cause problems that may not have been there otherwise?