FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Resort Near Singapore?
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:23 pm
MattHall

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
Which Resort Near Singapore?

FT folk, I am after some insight from the wealth of knowledge on here. I’ve contributed bits in my relatively short time on here, therefore feel it justified to seek some in return on this occasion.

I am late 20s and have travelled SE Asia pretty extensively with my wife over the last 5 years. We have done Vietnam, Thailand, Bali, Borneo plus parts of Malaysia.

For the next trip in April 2020, we are looking to combine Singapore (somehow never stopped here during the many connections we’ve made at SIN) with a quality beach resort. I have trawled through the existing threads on here but felt consolidating advice into this one may be worthwhile.

Key for us is a non-existent, or at worst, a short LCC hop from SIN - we’ve done longer ones at unsociable times before and past that now to be honest. For context, the plan is to do Singapore 4 nights and the beach resort for 5-6 nights.

Priorities in no particular order are: hotel on the beach, good food (just ‘good’ could be OK), quality beach but sea doesn’t have to be North Island-esque. Ideally looking for a pool with the room, however not a deal breaker if everything else checks out.

So far I’ve looked at Cempedak, Banyan Tree Bintan (although I believe this is in need of a renovation), Devasom Khao Lak, Pangkor Laut, Nikoi plus a few others. On this trip the Amans, some FS, Datai etc are out of budget.

Would be good to get first or secondhand views on this.