FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recalled 2015 15-Inch MacBook Pro Models With Faulty Batteries Banned From US Flights
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:49 am
karenkay
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by GTITAN
Yeah I am typing with a Macbook pro listed as a problem. The fix time is two weeks which is a lonnnnnnnng time to go out without the laptop. If anyone is dealing with this has actual experience with how this will be enforced, hope they respond to this thread.

Safe Travels
as a data point on the repair, it didn't take anywhere near that for them to fix mine, and I had to mail it in--I live in a small town without an apple store. I think I was without it for a week, all in. I shipped it off to them (in a box they mailed with big letters stating GROUND TRANSPORTATION ONLY, DEFECTIVE BATTERY) and they shipped it back--it was sent to houston for the repair, fwiw.

I'm traveling home Friday, and I can't very well leave my computer behind, so I'm also eager for anyone with real world experience with this. since mine is fixed, theoretically, hopefully it'll be okay. according to the article, computers with replaced batteries won't be affected. we'll see.

Last edited by karenkay; Aug 14, 2019 at 11:01 am