FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to make a flight change when one leg sold out?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:43 am
chfenton

How to make a flight change when one leg sold out?

So I was hoping someone could tell me if this is possible for a phone agent to do as I can't seem to do online. Trying to modify the destination city for second leg of a two leg one way first class purchased itinerary XXX-ATL-YYY. No options for first appear when I try to modify the flight (I want to change the YYY destination to ZZZ) online, even though a dummy booking of ATL-ZZZ shows First wide open and available for purchase. I presume this is due to the XXX-ATL leg being sold out in First--so even though I still want to travel on that sold out segment, computer can't or won't recognize that a seat would become available and change my itinerary for new ultimate destination of ZZZ. Can agent force the new segment into my existing XXX-ATL segment and get a price or is there another way to do this? I suppose I can't even just make it XXX-ATL and buy a separate ATL to ZZZ as I hit same issue--thinks would be sold out and won't offer the seat as available.

Thanks