FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines offered to travel 1500 kms by feet to mother with a new born to chan
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:27 pm
Laricoideae

Thumbs down Turkish Airlines offered to travel 1500 kms by feet to mother with a new born to chan

Hi guys,

My transatlantic flight had schedule changes. I`ve contacted local (Argentina) TK call center. Agent offered me to change for free to an open end ticket due to a reason of a schedule change and I had my new born son who did not receive his first document at a time. As I cannot affect governmental workers in their delay and cannot know when we will be ready to fly.

To confirm this operation agent connected me with the other one, which in her turn did not confirmed this. And this is the main thing about their call center every agent has new ideas.

The agent I`ve been switched to said I can 1 approve the time and airport schedule they switched me to; 2) change the date for free; 3) get a refund.

I`ve spend almost an hour on the phone with super expensive connection and agent could not say exactly how much will be refunded due to a “problem with system”. In the end the agent ascertained that will be refunded “almost nothing” (this is a quote!) and changed the date for the 15 days ahead, because “the system” did not allow more. Agent also assured me that if I need more days I can anytime change the date by simply calling to TK call center again.

What is interesting that I`ve found out that other passengers were receiving FULL REFUNDS for the schedule change. But for some reason I was discriminated and informed that I will receive "almost nothing".

When I needed to change date one more time and contacted TK call center, as I was assured I ca do. TK call center surprisingly refused to change a date to a ticket over the phone (which I successfully did with them before) because there is a problem in their “system” once again and offered to go 1500 km to simply change a date of the flight.

I explained them that I cannot go 1500 km to the closest office because in the country law requires to travel with a passport and/or ID card, that my son still did not have. I could not use plane or even bus without ID of a minor it is not legal. Apart from the idea that travelling 1500 km to change a date is not what you expect from a best carrier in Europe, especially in 21 century. As well as continuous problems with the “system”.

I also would like to mention that specifically bought their priciest ticket to not having such problems. I regret it million times.

Now they ask me to pay a no-show fee and to pay a tariff change that costs even more that I paid initially for the round trip (I used 1 segment already) and of course they still want me to go 1500 km. Their customer service offered me to use other company as a better option and forget about TK ticket and money paid. And this is probably the best information I`ve got from them: “Never use TK”

Also I`ve made a clam via TK website. Received answer that showed clearly that nobody actually have read my initial claim. They say that I`ve been informed about the schedule change and therefore must not bother them much, about everything else they did not want to be bother even to read it.

Suggestions?