FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When is the next BA sale?
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:10 am
Stoneleigh17

Dear All,
I've been reading the forum for ages and learnt a lot but this is my first post.

Would love to take advantage of this deal either New York, Washington or Philadelphia first one way and business for the return to celebrate a couple of significant birthday/anniversaries.
However the big stumbling block is there are 3 of us, my husband, me and my sister, and this only works for multiple of 2.

Can anyone suggest what would be the best way of getting the 3rd ticket?
We only travel for leisure and have only been business once- it was fab- so only have 130K avios (thanks to advice from the forum & black ba credit card) in a household account plus an extra 30k in my sisters account.
We don't have any status as we are are lowly blues; Hubbie has a 2 for 1 voucher too

Looked at reward flights but haven't got enough in one account to do the first/business return booking so would have to be 2 one ways from the 2 accounts
I'd also be worried about the flights for the 3 of us not having the same reference.

Buying an additional ticket at an extra £3k (for travel this weekend) isn't an option either: we were even wondering what the situation would be at buying 4 tickets but only 3 of us travel?
It seems on paper to work out cheaper.
If we did this, would there be a problem at check in for instance?
Would we also be able to part pay in avios to bring the cost of the 4 tickets down?

Sorry for so many questions: we totally appreciate that there may not be a way to do this but saw the offer and thought if we can get it to work, then we'd go for it!

Thanks in advance for any help: apologies if this would be better placed in the 'help find me a good fare' beta post too

Julie