View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:30 am
nwflyboy

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Goldorak

it was discussed :
Bank of America Flying Blue USA Credit Card
Flying Blue Bank of America card advice

The question about does eligible spending extend expiry date of miles, it was answered in post #28 of the 1st thread linked and the answer is yes.
Thank you, Goldorak, for the pointer and a clear, accurate answer.

FWIW, I did read the T&C for that card (which are pretty minimal), and there's nothing about the program in there - only things about interest rates, other bank-related items, etc. Typically, a bank issuing such a card has no interest in (nor knowledge of) what happens on the airline end - that's all in the domain of the airline. It's up to Air France to decide what triggers a reset of expiration dates and what doesn't, and while it might be nice to have the card-issuing bank pass along those details, I would not expect it (other banks generally don't). I asked because it seems well-documented that those residents of France/Netherlands who hold a co-branded Air France credit card do get this benefit (that is, using their card resets their expiration dates). It seemed logical that the Bank of America card would do the same - but was looking for confirmation. I do plan a couple paid flights on AF coming up, but it's probably not something I expect to do on a regular basis, so wanted to know what options I had for keeping miles alive.

Thanks all for the input.