FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:15 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I definitely prefer the previous generation J seating (the one currently in the 380). While clearly not as private as the QSuites, they also don't feel as closed in. QSuites have a lot packed into them, and there's really no room to move. I do feel a bit claustrophobic in the QSuites, and I'm not claustrophobic at all. It also feels like there's more miscellaneous storage space for stuff in the earlier J product.
I can understand people who tend toward claustrophobia preferring the previous generation (open reverse-herringbone). For others, the extra privacy of the Qsuite makes the difference between sleeping and not.

Originally Posted by 225SG
it was far far too hot for comfortable sleeping
I take it you were in quad seats (center seats) on an A350? Window seats on an A350, and all seats on a B777, have individual air nozzles. I vehemently disagree with airlines such as QR choosing the aesthetics of an open look instead of the practicality of overhead bins and individual air nozzles over the center seats. Having your own air nozzle allows those who feel cold to close it and warm up, while those who feel hot can open it to the desired extent and cool their area. It makes an enormous difference!