FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Positive Experiences with UA
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:47 am
PhillyPhlyer40

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Weird one for me, and thanks to 2 agents made my day/week/vacation GREAT!

EYW-EWR cancels.

Call in, agent has nothing for 3 days (1 flight per day, and 2 days previous all cnx, so booked). Says hold on. Click click click. Can you see the "silver airways" desk. Yep! "Please go over and ask the agent if i can get you on the EYW-TPA flight that is taking off in 25 min!!!" I do it, agent at silver is awesome, get booked. (Charges me $90 for 3 bags!!!) Says they will have staff pull bags.

Land in TPA. TPA-EWR cnx. Call in, can get me home in 2 days. Agent says "wait, i see an IAD flight, going under gate control in 10 min, woudl that work?" SURE!!!

I get on that flight (total of 3).

Land in IAD....call in to baggage, tell them send it to ABE. Drive home.....

Next day, bags are no where to be found (BOLT). Get agent on phone, has agent in ABE contact me. This agent was AWESOME!!! She personally follows up with the stations. ALL 3 BAGS make it in...(even though BOLT/United tracker doesnt follow them). They go EYW-TPA-MCO-IAD-ORD-ABE!!! All 3 make it in 2 days. Seriously, I would NEVER have thought i stood a single chance of seeing those again!!!

Long story short, 1 great agent got me home, 1 great agent got my bags home...