FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:18 pm
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by NYC_1
Sorry it’s not as interesting as it maybe seems. Just to be clear, they’ve not bribed us, asked me to remove or modify the post or anything of that nature at all. No conspiracies on the TA profile change, I just thought I’d start being active and adding reviews to places we visit and so it is just a reflection of deciding to be active with it.
Well, you know. You could forgive those who are wondering why, while you're in the midst of paradise lapping up the luxury and all, you change your TA username and have time to post a review of another property you visited months ago (after it was mentioned yesterday that a good portion of the 5s are from users with no other reviews except that of the Waldorf). I'm not making judgements, just saying it seemed pretty fishy (pardon the pun)!

This is a big place, it’s hard to figure out how they managed to change things across the board so fast.

We have noticed a few permanent type changes in the way they’re doing some of the smaller things too.
Can you give us some examples? Would be good for those here on the forum that have upcoming stays as folks are worried about the service and how well (or badly) organized they are.

With the near physical perfection of the resort..
Have to disagree with you on this one. After you've been to Rangali or another Maldives resort which has natural undergrowth you'll likely change your mind.