FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Positive Experiences with UA
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:13 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by aussieinsf
Recently got diverted from IAH to AUS due to weather. By the time I eventually got to IAH my connection was long gone and I was flying to a destination only served once a day. Called united, got put on the following day's flight. They saw I was previously upgraded in PZ on the flight I missed and opened up PZ on the following days flight so I could have a confirmed upgrade. That was a nice gesture given I had a 24 hr delay in Houston.
Actually if you had already checked in and the delay in making the flight was United's fault then if there is a seat in First/Polaris you are supposed to be automatically protected. I have had this experience quite a few times on United - I sometimes have to ask but every time they have verified I was checked in and then had the rate desk open the space. There was only one instance where this did not hold and it was because there were no seats so my GPU was returned. I learned on FT that this was the policy. Glad you kept the upgrade on the replacement flight.