FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:43 pm
Kimomo

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

I was told by a staff member they use 5 different boats for transfers. I presume it is not 5 of the same make/model. Curious if those that have been can report what boat(s) they were on.

We were on a Majesty 70, Ithaafushi Princess. The boat had a lower deck with 3 bedrooms. A middle deck with a dinning room/sitting room and kitchen. And an upper deck.

TD
diving in FT for a long time, first time post.
I will be more interested if WA has 5 level of boat fare. Princess or Prince yacht might be $850 RT/each. King/Queen may be more expensive. But I don't really mind to take people/citizen boat for $250 RT/couple if any.
That's the similar yacht service Conrad bora bora charges, we have great time there for a trial honeymoon back in June and lucky to be in one of the only two beach front villa as a diamond upgrade that we saw eagle ray many times and snorkel with them. There is also a wedding held on the beach in front of our villa that we can see from our villa the poor groom only can wear leaf bottom and naked the upper part sitting under strong sun to see traditional Tahitian dance. We are totally forced to join the wedding free of charge unless we close our blind. The same dance we have to pay $240/couple on Tuesday night buffet.
Anyway, Conrad bora bora experience is really nice and we are on the boat for the next March WA Maldive on our 2nd trial honey moon but have seen recent management disrespect to customer, we are thinking to switch to Conrad but OWV seems to only open in early April?? dilemma !!!.

PS. Any married couple knew how many trial honeymoon you should have to really know future partner "potential" before you sign the contract.