FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:06 pm
luv2vacay

Originally Posted by wildabeast4
​​​​

Yep, echoing others above...waitlist priority status of BXP upgrades must've changed recently. On two recent trips I've applied BXP1 certificates to my reservation, only to have my name drop lower on the airport waitlist than it was before the certificate was applied. I've had three Meeting Services agents and two AC agents tell me this is correct. I even had one AC agent show me the upgrade list on her computer screen, both before and after my certificate was applied to highlight the difference. I asked why, as an EXP, it would ever make sense to use a BXP upgrade certificate if I would be higher priority with comp upgrades, and they basically said the only benefit is that a BXP can be confirmed ahead of the normal upgrade window if C inventory is available.

This is a bummer, especially since I have two BXP1's that were redeemed before this change, and now need to be used by end of year.
Pardon my stupidity here, but:

If one is using/redeeming the Premium Cabin upgrades, which require C space (ie: from economy to First on a 2-class domestic), are you saying that if you book this ahead of time, (witih C space available) you can actually be downgraded at the gate because someone with higher status shows up?