FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:56 pm
DCAhome

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Access question for the AF lounge at IAD (Washington, Dulles). I'm a SkyTeam Elite Plus flying in Business (Z) on a KLM-marketed, DL-operated flight from IAD-DTW-AMS next spring.

The Skyteam web site says I should have access:
First and Business Class
All First and Business Class passengers traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge. Lounge access will be provided only at your departure and transfer airports, and not on arrival. For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class. Simply present your First or Business Class boarding passes for the lounge agent to validate for admission.

KLM web site says I should have access:
Other lounges worldwide
As a Business Class passenger, Flying Blue Platinum and Gold member or as a SkyTeam Elite Plus member you can also access many of our partner airline lounges worldwide.

North America (Air France/KLM/Delta airport lounges) Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Montreal, New York-JFK, San Francisco, Toronto, Washington, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Tampa, Dallas, Raleigh, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Seattle, Fort Lauderdale, Minneapolis, Portland, Detroit, West Palm Beach, Memphis, Milwaukee, Boston and New York-LaGuardia

But, when I pull up IAD specifically they go on to say:You can access this lounge if you are an eligible passenger traveling on an international flight operated by the following airlines:

So, I'm (hopeful) in assuming that I would have lounge access with my KLM-marketed, Delta-operated, first class flight from IAD-DTW, which will connect to a KLM-marketed, Delta-operated business class DTW-AMS flight. Am I correct?